New Jersey Gambling Revenues up by 9.4% in October

Las Vegas Raiders vs. Detroit Lions 2023 NFL Odds, Time, and Prediction

The latest monthly revenue report from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement has revealed that combined gambling revenues for the month of August came to $487.1 million.
The latest figures represent a drop of of 6.6% on the previous month’s total of $531.6 million and a 9.3% increase on the total reported in October 2022.
Casino win
Land-based casinos in New Jersey reported revenues of $228.1 million, up by 3.4% year-on-year and down 7.5% compared to the month of September’s total of $246.6 million.
For the month of October, five of the state’s nine casinos reported increases in casino win year-on-year.

Ocean Casino – $43.3 million – up 53.3%
Hard Rock – $41.2 million – up 5.8%
Bally’s – $12.4 million – up 14.9 %
Resorts – $13.2 million – up 3%
Golden Nugget – $12.2 million – up 1.6%

The four casinos that reported a decrease in revenues are:

Borgata – $56.8 million – down 8.9%
Caesars – $14.3 million – down 18%
Harrah’s – $17.8 million – down 11.9%
Tropicana – $16.4 million – down 5.6%

This brings the year-to-date casino win total to $2.4 billion, an increase of 1.9% compared to the $2.36 billion reported in the corresponding period in 2022.
Internet gaming
The month of September saw New Jersey’s iGaming operators report $166.8 million in combined revenues. This was an increase of 1.8% on the previous month’s total and a 13.3% increase on the $147.2 million reported in October 2022. This brings the year to date total to $1.57 billion, an increase of 15.1% when compared to the same period in 2022.
Sports betting
New Jersey sports betting operators reported accepting $1.293 billion in wagers throughout the month of October. This was a marginal decrease of less than 0.5% compared to the previous month. Of that figure, $1.23 billion of the month’s sports wagers were placed through online sportsbooks with the retail sector taking in $56.2 million. The year-to-date total sports betting handle in New Jersey now stands at over $9 billion.
Sports betting revenue came to $92.3 million marking a 18.4% increase year-on-year. This brings the year-to-date revenue total to $801.2 million, a 34.7% increase on the same period in 2022.
Year-to-Date Sports Handle, Revenues & Taxes in New Jersey

PeriodTotal HandleMobile HandleMobile Handle %Sportsbook RevenueWin %State Taxes
Jan 2023$1,082,233,033$1,016,375,43593.91%$72,330,4396.68%$9,441,521Feb 2023$847,405,611$801,400,12694.57%$54,621,2206.45%$7,125,279Mar 2023$1,025,779,225$975,179,86995.07%$93,039,9999.07%$11,908,154Apr 2023$833,980,925$798,491,54295.74%$72,304,0368.67%$9,211,004May 2023$778,854,263$741,056,27095.15%$82,165,40410.55%$10,465,932Jun 2023$591,081,897$558,624,13094.51%$66,356,83811.23%$8,380,344Jul 2023$587,019,749$561,643,12195.68%$61,013,43310.39%$7,702,784Aug 2023$725,849,450$697,069,92896.04%$96,041,01913.23%$12,345,166Sep 2023$1,299,016,274$1,255,482,93096.64%$111,145,3858.80%$14,282,181Oct 2023$1,293,468,722$1,237,169,06795.64%$92,258,2957.13%$11,797,865Totals$9,064,689,149$8,642,492,41895.30%$801,276,0689.22%$102,660,230

Jenny Tang An experienced iGaming commentator and analyst based in New York City – Jenny reports on regulation and gambling industry news and events.

John SommersJohn Sommers is a distinguished figure in the world of gambling expertise, known for his deep knowledge and insightful analysis of the gaming industry. As a seasoned author, he has contributed extensively to the reputable gambling news site, TwinCasinos, focusing on providing valuable insights to English-speaking gamblers worldwide.

With a career spanning over a decade, John has honed his expertise in various aspects of gambling, from strategic gameplay to industry trends and regulatory developments. His articles are revered for their blend of comprehensive research, astute observations, and a knack for demystifying complex concepts for both novice and seasoned players.

Beyond his writing prowess, John has established himself as a trusted authority, often sought after for his expert commentary on the ever-evolving landscape of the casino and betting industry. His passion for responsible gambling and commitment to ensuring players make informed choices are evident in his work, making him a beacon of integrity in an industry that demands such values.

Whether you’re a casual gambler or a dedicated enthusiast, John Sommers’ contributions to TwinCasinos promise to be an invaluable resource for navigating the dynamic world of gambling.

John SommersLatest posts by John Sommers (see all)

Author: Willie Edwards